We can help you if you are a parent or family carer of someone of any age who has been diagnosed with autism spectrum condition (ASC) or a professional who is supporting those with autism. You may be a:
- parent or family carer of a child aged 12 or below
- parent or family carer of an adult, aged 18+, with autism.
- parent or family carer of an adolescent aged 12 – 18 years
- professional, for example, teachers, classroom assistants and support workers
Examples of typical issues covered during lockdown:
- How do I explain coronavirus quarantine? (see also our link here for further information on this)
- How can I reduce anxiety and distress during quarantine?
- Managing imposed change to routine
- Uncertainty about the future & transitions
- Understanding imposed limitations
In addition to the following:
- Walking safely
- Understanding dangers
- Social Isolation
- Teaching social skills
- Toileting issues
- Sleep issues
- School refusal
- Obsessive behaviour
- Inappropriate behaviour towards others – parents, peers, pets etc.
We will also signposting to other appropriate services including education rights, welfare rights and advocacy services.